Mocha Cinnamon Coffee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla and brewed coffee.
- Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 95 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Jun 10, 2017
I was looking for a mocha recipe for my husband that tastes like a coffee shops. This was very close and very inexpensive to make. It's nice to switch it up and serve it over ice.
Jan 11, 2011
My husband and I love to get gourmet coffees from the coffee shop but the price keeps it from being a regular treat. This recipe is an easy at home alternative. We both really loved it!
Mar 8, 2010
I really enjoyed this coffee, but when making the coffee, I used a "medium roasted" coffee rather than dark roasted, and the brand I used was, Folger's Gourmet Selections Lively Columbian Medium Roast. I also cut therecipe in half, but did add about 3/4 to 1 tsp of the vanilla extract. Be sure this coffee is good and hot when serving, as the whipped cream does cool down the coffee somewhat.For all those coffee lovers out there, I highly recommend this recipe. This is one coffee others will certainly enjoy. "Thank you" Bernice for sharing this recipe. It's a keeper!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.