Mocha Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Childhood food memories always bring me back to a special time. This is one of my mom's outstanding desserts, which she often served.—Cara Langer, Overland Park, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream and coffee granules. Cook and stir until granules are dissolved; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coffee mixture and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips; pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 388 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Mocha Chocolate Chip Cheesecake in 100 Best Desserts 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.