Mocha Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 25 reduced-fat Oreo cookies,
- 3 tablespoons fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 24 chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- 1. Place cookies in a food processor. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add fudge topping and butter; pulse just until blended. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, for filling, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over coffee; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, chocolate and reserved coffee mixture until blended. Pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Cut into bars. Garnish with coffee beans if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 166 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Mocha Cheesecake Bars
"The crust was delicious! The cheesecake part reminded me of something from a major food service company that you'd find on the buffet lines of cruise ships. I think it was the gelatin that gave it that manufactured jiggle and made it not taste homemade. If I make it again, I would cut the gelatin in half or even eliminate it all together from the recipe. Also, not sure why, but the color of my filling was dark and not light as pictured here. As suggested by another reviewer, I used a smaller pan (7 x 10) and that seemed just about perfect."
"For Weight Watchers this is 5 pts. per piece"
"it was very good i made this recipe & my boyfriend took it work & none came back. i will make it again"
"Very good!!! I didn't use low-fat ingredients because I just used what I had on hand. Not a very strong coffee flavor-maybe I need to use stronger coffee next time. Nice, smooth texture and yummy!!! There are plain chocolate wafers, without filling that work well for the crust, too."
"I made the Mocha Cheesecake Bars and they were wonderful! My husband is diabetic so I used Splenda in place of the sugar and they turned out perfectly. Definitely will make these again."
"Recipe sounds good. However, picture is misleading as according to directions, there is no light colored layer. All has chocolate in it."
"Actually I have made this now a few more times and think I have really improved it! I have added a couple tablespoons of melted milk chocolate to the mixture and it improved the sweetness and bitter taste of coffee wasn't so much. I also grated some dark or milk chocoate to place decoratively on top (looked and tasted great!). the crushed oreos do have the creme when crushing. I really should've rated it a 5 star because I am asked for the recipe each time and it disappears so quick!"
"Just a suggestion *****Why not make the recipes easier to print on recipe cards? Some of the other websites have a choice of 3x5 or 4x6 recipe card formats. I had to copy this and paste in Word so I could reformat it to my 4/6 cards."
"I don't like coffee, can I substitute water or milk?"
"I assume the cookies in the crust includes the creme filling. Has anyone tried it without the creme filling and was there any other adjustments needed with the filling? Thanks!"
"There's very little chocolate and coffee in the filling compared to the amount of cream cheese and sour cream so it really is very light in color. I didn't make the low-fat version but it came out looking beautiful and was very good. Everyone liked it a lot."
"Can someone tell me how the top layer is light in color almost looks pink, yet has chocolate and strong coffee in it? I haven't made it yet."
"This was great. Served it to my grandson and family. They loved it as well."
"Delicious, and the oreo/fudge bottom is awesome! Not to mention low in calories:)"