VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Whipped topping, baking cocoa, fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add eggs, beating on low speed, just until combined. In a small bowl, combine water and coffee granules; let stand for 1 minute. Add to the creamed mixture; beat just until mixed. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting. If desired, pipe whipping topping around edges and dust with cocoa; garnish with berries and mint. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Cheesecake in Country Extra May 2000, p49