Flavored with coffee, chocolate and cashews, this easy-to-make spread is a yummy alternative to ordinary peanut butter. Make a jar for yourself and a few more for gifts. —Mary Houchin, Lebanon, Illinois
Featured In: Holiday Butters
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups salted cashews
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- Additional salted cashews, optional
- Place cashews in a food processor. Cover and process until finely ground. Add half of the butter; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, coffee granules, water and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir into cashew mixture. Top with additional cashews if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Mocha Cashew Butter in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p62