When looking for nut-mix recipes, I stumbled across this one and altered it a bit. Once you start nibbling, it’s hard to stop! —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- Place the sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small food processor; cover and pulse until finely ground; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 338 calories, 25g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Mocha Candied Almonds in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.