When looking for nut-mix recipes, I stumbled across this one and altered it a bit. Once you start nibbling, it’s hard to stop! —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- Place the sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small food processor; cover and pulse until finely ground; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.