Mocha-Almond Snack Mix
Coated with mild, coffee-flavored chocolate, cereal, almonds and popcorn turn into sweet clusters. It's a hard-to-resist snack during the holidays.—Niki Plourde, Gardner, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, popcorn and almonds. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Add the espresso powder, extract and salt. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.