Mocha Almond Fudge
I probably found this recipe in a magazine, and it has to date back to the '60s. I find the dessert to be very easy, with good texture and flavor. Friends with whom I share this treat think so, too.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1/2 pound
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, milk, coffee granules and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in almonds and extract. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 30 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Mocha Fudge in Reminisce Extra November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.