Mocha Almond Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; beat into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream and almonds. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Garnish with coffee beans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 366 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 16, 2015
I also had to double up on the oreo crust to get up the sides of the pan. The problem I had with this recipe is that due to the use of sweetened milk in the recipe it NEVER would freeze and when I took it out and put in on a plate in minutes it was liquid chocolate. I should have known it would not freeze solid as sweetened condensed milk doesn't freeze. The flavor is excellent too bad after 24 hrs it was still soft and now after 48 it is still soft and I have it in my freezer that ISNT self defrosting. So if it was going to get solid it would in that freezer. I had a baker friend tell me to use powdered sugar but I don't know how much if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them. I would like to make this again but with ingredients that would cause it to become nice and firm as the picture shows.
Jan 10, 2010
Great make-ahead dessert for company or to take to a get-together. I used more cookie crumbs to press up the side, otherwise my crust got too thin. Will also shave chocolate over the top.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.