Mixed Veggie Casserole
I enjoy looking for ways to make dinnertime more interesting for my family. This is one of my many creations that spotlights some of their favorite foods. --Mariette Morris, Bedford, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk an butter)
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the vegetables. In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes and cheese; spread over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 480 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1563mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Mixed Veggie Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.