- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup cut green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables. Place half in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle half over vegetables in the baking dish. Top with remaining vegetables and seasoning mixture. Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMixed Vegetable Casserole
"This came out great and it was not a lot of work at all! I'm always happy to have a tasty way to prep veggies!"