Mixed Paella Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Stir in the shrimp, tomatoes, peas, olives and chicken; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 392 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Paella
"Mmm, this was delicious! I don't think it's very authentic, but it sure tastes fantastic! So filling and hearty. The olives added a nice salty flavor and the peas added bursts of sweet freshness. We will omit the tomatoes next time."
"Sooo easy to make. Tastes delicious. My hard to please, picky eater of a husband even liked it! For someone who doesn't like olives very much, they be a bit strong, but great for us!"