Mixed Nut Chocolate Tart
A buttery shortbread crust holds a delectable filling made with chocolate and a mix of chopped pistachios, almonds and pecans. It's impressive yet easy to prepare. I guarantee it will one of your most requested desserts. —Debbie Cross, Sharon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup unblanched almonds
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add cream and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased fluted 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom; set aside.
- Place nuts in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and extracts until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and nut mixture; pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 474 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate & Mixed Nut Tart in Taste of Home December/January 2007