Mixed Mushroom Tartlets Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh assorted mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and oil in batches until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the wine, thyme and salt. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cream. Cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Unfold one puff pastry sheet. Roll out into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Cut into eight rectangles. Using a sharp knife, score 1/2 in. from the edges of each pastry (do not cut through).
- 3. Transfer to baking sheets. Repeat with remaining sheet of puff pastry. Spoon mushroom mixture into centers. Whisk egg yolk and water; brush over pastry edges.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor’s Note: For assorted mushrooms, we recommend a mixture of white button, baby portobello, shiitake and oyster mushrooms.
2 tartlets: 610 calories, 44g fat (19g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Mushroom Tartlets
"Added goat cheese and increased salt. Delicious"