These hearty kabobs combine beef and sausage, two of my favorite foods. Both the meat and vegetables are marinated before they're grilled, which makes this skewered meal extra flavorful. Be sure to fire up your grill and try these soon! -Glenda Adams, Vanndale, Arkansas
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 to 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 3 to 4 medium green peppers, quartered
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 5 medium onions, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour the remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add the vegetables. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate meat and vegetables overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread the beef, sausage and vegetables onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes. Turn kabobs; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until beef reaches desired doneness. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Grill Kabobs in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p39
Reviews forMixed Grill Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2011
"It was a hit for my daughters surprise birthday party. I used only chicken...and it was a crowd pleaser!"