Mixed Grill Fajitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 Italian sausage links
- 2 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 24 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in oil until tender; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and garlic; chill until serving.
- Combine the salt, pepper and chili powder; sprinkle over chicken, sausages and steaks. Grill chicken and sausages, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and the sausage is no longer pink. Slice and keep warm.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Slice and keep warm.
- Divide meats and vegetables among tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up; serve with sour cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 709 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1111mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Jan 26, 2014
Yum!!!! This one was a winner with the whole family. I really don't see how we can ever order them at a restaurant again because these were delicious, easy, and a fraction of the cost. I did substitute non-fat plain greek yogurt for the sour cream, Italian turkey sausage links instead of regular and rib eye steak instead of the cube steak (it's what I had on hand). We also only used half the cheese (there seemed to be plenty) and had tortillas optional (more of a fajita salad). Plus we also put out a variety of toppings (tomatoes, avocados, cilantro). This made for a great family style meal and will be made and enjoyed again and again!!!!
Jun 17, 2009
WE ARE PAST CUSTOMERS OF TEAST OF HOME. WE ARE 75 AND 81 SO WE ARE NOT BUYING ALOT OF THINGS NOW. THANK YOUMRS. VANCLEAVE