Mixed Greens with Tangy Dressing Recipe
When we have guests, I whip up this salad. Prepared mustard makes the salad dressing zesty. If you like, try replacing the olive oil with pickle juice for an even lighter version. This may sound like a unique substitution, but if you want to lose weight, it pays to do a little experimenting in the kitchen.—Betsy Larimer, Somerset, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1. In a salad bowl, toss the salad greens with the carrots, mushrooms, olives and peas. In a small bowl; whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and basil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mixed Greens with Tangy Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC