Mixed Greens with Mushrooms
This is a great year-round salad because you can use whatever greens are in season. The tarragon in the dressing is subtle but really adds to the flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Dash pepper
- Toss greens, tomatoes and mushrooms in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 30 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Mixed Greens with Mushrooms in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook