Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Place flour and almonds in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Cut each cheese log into six slices; roll in flour, then dip into egg mixture. Roll in almonds, pressing gently into cheese.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Divide salad greens among six plates; top each with two warm cheese slices. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
1 each: 210 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 17, 2010
I just love goat cheese on a salad, and this easy but elegant presentation is no exception. So very simple with great flavor.