Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese
Goat cheese also comes flavored with mixed herbs. You can find goat cheese in the specialty cheese section of your local grocery store.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place flour and almonds in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Cut each cheese log into six slices; roll in flour, then dip into egg mixture. Roll in almonds, pressing gently into cheese.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Divide salad greens among six plates; top each with two warm cheese slices. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.