I like to make this dish with whatever greens are in season. In spring, I use tender young greens from my garden, including spinach and Bibb lettuce. This salad is our favorite to serve with a baked chicken casserole. It's also perfect for potlucks-just toss the dressing with vegetables right before serving.
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 quarts mixed salad greens
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onions
- In a large salad bowl, combine first four ingredients. Chill until serving. Combine dressing ingredients; toss with salad mixture just until coated. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Greens with Blue Cheese Dressing in Country February/March 1991, p47
Reviews forMixed Greens with Blue Cheese Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2016
"Just prepared this for a party later today and who doesn't love blue cheese - couldn't stop sampling it while I was making it. Delicious"