Mixed Greens with Bacon & Cranberries
When my holiday menu calls for a green salad, I rely on this one loaded with crumbled bacon, dried cranberries and blue cheese. The homemade vinaigrette is full of zesty flavor.—Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in cranberries; let stand 5 minutes. Drain, discarding remaining juice or saving for another use.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula and salad greens; top with cheese, bacon and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 149 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Salad Greens with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.