Mixed Greens Salad with Tarragon Dressing
I use tarragon I grow in my garden to make the vinegar in this easy dressing. Since the dressing keeps well, I double the recipe most of the time and use half in this great-tasting salad. -Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first nine ingredients. In a large salad bowl, toss salad greens, radishes, croutons and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 147 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Mixed Greens Salad with Tarragon Dressing in Light & Tasty June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.