Juicy grapefruit and ruby red strawberries add delightful color and a wonderful flavor combination to this refreshing salad. The tangy citrus dressing adds the ideal finishing touch.
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit or orange, peeled and sectioned
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in 2 teaspoons oil until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add 1 tablespoon honey and cinnamon; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until almonds are glazed and golden brown. Spoon almonds onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet, separating almonds into a single layer as much as possible. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the lemon juice, peel, mustard, salt and remaining honey. Cover and pulse until well blended. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream. Process until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine mixed greens, strawberries and citrus sections. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with glazed almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Greens and Citrus Salad in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2008, p35
Reviews forMixed Greens and Citrus Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
"We didn't love this... No particular reason, but we won't make it again. It was beautiful, though!"
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011