Mixed Green Salad with Raspberry Dressing
In Grand Blanc, Michigan, Brenda Lancaster tosses together this pretty medley of greens, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and oranges. She uses raspberry vinegar in the homemade dressing, but cider vinegar works nicely in a pinch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, red pepper, onion, oranges and mushrooms. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Mixed Green Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2005