- 8 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Honey, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups water and wild rice; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes; drain. Place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Add the barley, oats, raisins, dates, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and remaining water.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until grains are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with honey if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forMixed Grain and Wild Rice Cereal
"This is the most delicious breakfast cereal. I make huge recipes and keep it in the fridge for my family to eat thoughout the week. I found it sweet so only used about 1 Tbsp. of brown sugar rather than 1/3 cup and it was perfect."