Mixed Fruit Cheese Ball
For a pretty holiday presentation, I like to place this cheese ball on a festive platter and surround it with wedges of unpeeled apples and assorted crackers. People are always pleasantly surprised by the combination of flavors in every bite. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Apple slices and assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream and coriander blended. Stir in fruit. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Wrap tightly in plastic. Chill until serving. Serve with apples and crackers.
Dec 31, 2009
This is a great twist on a traditional cheese ball. Make a couple of days ahead for best flavor. I served with Honey Crisp apples & Triscuts. It makes a large quantity - so for small family celebrations I would 1/2 the recipe.