Mixed Citrus Marmalade
I have an abundance of grapefuit and oranges, which I love to use in this orange-colored marmalade. It makes a great Christmas gift. —Corky Huffsmith, Indio, California
Total TimePrep: 1 hour 20 min. Process: 5 min.
- 1 pound lemons, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 pound grapefruit, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 pound oranges, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 2 quarts water
- 8 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the lemons, grapefruit, oranges and water. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until fruit is tender. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 45-55 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 82 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Meyer Lemon Marmalade in Country Woman Christmas 2011