- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into two portions so that one is slightly larger than the other. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and, if desired, cinnamon until smooth; add blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Gently fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into blueberry mixture. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMixed Berry Pie
"This pie is excellent! Before my first attempt, I read the reviews and made some slight adjustments to this recipe. I added a teaspoon of sugar to the crust to sweeten it just a bit. I also added 3 tbsp of corn starch to the 1/4 cup, cut the water back to 3.5 to 4 tbsp, and cut out both the lemon juice and the butter at the end. It turned out perfect. Flaky crust and thick filling. This will definitely be my go-to summer pie recipe!"
"This is now my "go to" pie recipe and I have used several different combinations of berries. All were a big hit!"
"I can't comment on the crust because I use my own recipe, but this pie is super tasty. Only problem is, it is way too watery. I thought I would be ok using fresh berries instead of frozen, but sadly no. I would recommend sprinkling flour in the berries once they're mixed. Maybe 1/2 cup. Otherwise, really tasty. I also added a bit more lemon juice, but that was a personal preference as it was a bit too sweet for my taste."
"This is so delicous!!!!!!"
"IT turned out amazing. It was just very liquidated. Any tips on how to make it ticker"
"I had about 1 1/2 cups crushed berries left over from making jam. So, I used the liquid from there instead of water. I added the whole berries to these crushed berries, then followed the recipe as directed. If you like berries, this is one recipe to try and keep!"