Mixed Berry Crepes
The freshness of sweet berries paired with apricot preserves makes these crepes a perfect breakfast treat.—Leica Merriam, Providence, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 16 teaspoons reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- Sprinkle sugar over berries; gently toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate. In a blender, combine the milk, egg, egg whites and extracts; cover and process until blended. Add the flour and cornmeal; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat a 7-in. skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, coating with additional cooking spray as needed.
- Spread each crepe with 1 teaspoon apricot preserves. Fold each crepe into quarters; place two crepes on an individual plate. Top with 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1/2 cup berry mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Crepes with Berries in Comfort Food Diet 2010