Mixed Beans With Lime Butter Recipe
Lois Fetting of Nelson, Wisconsin suggests this simple yet delicious way to showcase beans. "It is best with beans fresh from your garden or the farmer's market," she hints.
- 1/2 pound each fresh green and wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Melt butter in a skillet; add the dill, lime juice and peel, salt, pepper and beans. Stir to coat and cook until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
2 ounce-weight: 85 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Beans With Lime Butter
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
"Really delicious and pretty as well!!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC