Mixed Beans With Lime Butter
Lois Fetting of Nelson, Wisconsin suggests this simple yet delicious way to showcase beans. "It is best with beans fresh from your garden or the farmer's market," she hints.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound each fresh green and wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add the dill, lime juice and zest, salt, pepper and beans. Stir to coat and cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 85 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mixed Beans With Lime Butter in Taste of Home August/September 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.