Mix ‘n’ Match Squash Casserole
"Mix any kinds of summer squash you have on hand for this flavorful casserole," suggests June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri. "Served with a salad and hot rolls or homemade bread, it makes a meal my family enjoys."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed summer squash (yellow, zucchini, pattypan and/or sunburst)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place squash and a small amount of water in a large saucepan; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 234 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Mix 'n' Match Squash Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.