Mix ‘n’ Match Quiche
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, flaked and drained
- 1 cup frozen asparagus cut, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. Layer crab, asparagus, onion, red pepper and cheese in crust. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 287 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Sep 27, 2011
This is a great "Mix and Match" basic recipe with good proportions and baking times that work with meats, veggies or cheeses you choose.