Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center; add oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir just until moistened. Add coffee; stir until batter is smooth.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 14, 2009
A very good, light, moist cake. Just a note that you won't be able to taste the coffee. It accents the chocolate, but does not stand out at all.
Jul 4, 2009
I make this cake often but combine in a regular mixing bowl. Every good chocolate cake has coffee in the recipe as a chocolate enhancer and this one fits the bill. It's become my husband's favorite "quick" cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Frannie T.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.