"You don't need a bowl to stir up this chocolate cake, so cleanup in a snap," writes Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. "I serve warm squares of the moist cake with scoops of coffee ice cream."
Recommended: 19 Scary-Good Halloween Cake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center; add oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir just until moistened. Add coffee; stir until batter is smooth.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mix-In-The-Pan Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p37
Reviews forMix-in-the-Pan Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review