Mix for Cranberry Lemonade Bars
I recently put all of our family’s special recipes in a cookbook to be passed down from generation to generation. These tangy, cake-like bars came out of that collection. —Suzette Jury, Keene, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the first five ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover tightly. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
- To prepare bars: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine egg, butter, lemonade concentrate, lemon peel and lemon bar mix. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Lemonade Bars Mix in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.