Missouri Peach and Applesauce Salad
"Fresh peaches combine with applesauce in this tangy molded salad," notes Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri about her creamy-textured, refreshing side dish.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe peaches
- Red grapes and mint leaves, optional
- In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce. Chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- In a bowl, whip cream with sugar, nutmeg and vanilla until stiff. Fold into gelatin mixture along with the peaches. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Chill until firm. Garnish with grapes and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 121 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Missouri Peach and Applesauce Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1994