Minute Steaks Parmesan
We often use cubed steaks to make steak sandwiches. In this recipe, I dress them up with a cheesy Parmesan coating and zesty pizza sauce. —Carol Dalke, Elk Creek, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg white, water and pepper. Set aside. On a plate, combine cracker crumbs and cheese. Dip each cube steak into the egg mixture, then coat with cracker-cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; brown steaks on both sides. Add pizza sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Garnish with remaining crumb mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 6, 2011
It was nice to find something different... My DH said this one is a keeper. only change I would make next time, is I will add some cheese the last min.. but very good.