Minute Steaks Parmesan
We often use cubed steaks to make steak sandwiches. In this recipe, I dress them up with a cheesy Parmesan coating and zesty pizza sauce. —Carol Dalke, Elk Creek, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg white, water and pepper. Set aside. On a plate, combine cracker crumbs and cheese. Dip each cube steak into the egg mixture, then coat with cracker-cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; brown steaks on both sides. Add pizza sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Garnish with remaining crumb mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Minute Steaks Parmesan in Country Woman May/June 1991
Oct 6, 2011
It was nice to find something different... My DH said this one is a keeper. only change I would make next time, is I will add some cheese the last min.. but very good.