Minute Rice Chicken a la King
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup Minute® White Rice
- 1/3 cup Salad Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pkgs. (6 oz. each) diced, roasted chicken breast cuts
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 of a medium red bell pepper, chopped
- Dash black pepper
- Or substitute your favorite frozen vegetable blend
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Mix salad dressing, flour and milk in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except rice and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Editor's Note: For a healthier alternative, use Light Salad Dressing and fat free milk
Originally published as Chicken a la King in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.