This recipe came about by accident when I combined a week's worth of family leftovers. Everyone gobbled it up without knowing my secret.—Lyn Robitaille, East Hartland, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1.7 ounces) vegetable soup mix
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked cubed beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 cup cooked leftover vegetables
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a large saucepan, combine water and soup mix; bring to a boil over medium heat. Add beans, corn, tomato sauce, meat, vegetables, celery, onion, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add macaroni; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Minute Minestrone in Taste of Home April/May 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.