Minty Pineapple Rum
This delicious drink is a fabulous way to use fresh mint and celebrate summer. If the pineapple isn't overly ripe, add a bit more sugar. Save any leftover pineapple-mint syrup in an airtight glass container, or freeze the mixture in ice cube trays to use later. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes14 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1 inch)
- 40 fresh mint leaves
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups light rum
- Ice cubes
- 7 cups club soda, chilled
- Fresh pineapple slices and additional fresh mint leaves
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. pitcher; stir in rum. Pour 1/3 cup into each glass. Add ice; pour 1/2 cup soda over ice. Garnish with a pineapple slice and additional mint leaves.