Minty Pineapple Rum
This delicious drink is a great way to use fresh mint and celebrate summer. If your pineapple isn't overly ripe, add a bit more sugar. Save any leftover pineapple and mint syrup in an airtight glass container, or freeze the mixture in ice cube trays to use later. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes14 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1 inch)
- 40 fresh mint leaves
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups light rum
- Ice cubes
- 7 cups club soda, chilled
- Fresh pineapple slices and additional fresh mint leaves
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. pitcher; stir in rum. Pour 1/3 cup into each glass. Add ice; pour 1/2 cup soda over ice. Garnish with a pineapple slice and additional mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 118 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Mojito in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.