- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- In a large skillet, saute onions and red pepper in oil until onions just begin to soften. Add peas; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in mint and cook for 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMinty Peas and Onions
"We also cut this recipe in half and still had plenty left over. Fortunately I had a Vadalia sweet onion and just enough mint left on my plant to use fresh. It was wonderful. easy to make, good enough for both family and company meals."