Minty Peach Halibut
"I knew this golden entree was a winner when my mother-in-law -who owns every cookbook imaginable- asked for the recipe" relates Dawn Mayford of Granite City, Illinois. She flavors halibut steaks with a deliciously different sauce that combines fresh mint and peach preserves.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and mint. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Spoon half of peach mixture over fish. Broil 1 minute longer; turn, Broil 3-4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting once with remaining peach mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Minty Peach Halibut in Quick Cooking September/October 2004