"My husband likes to smoke a whole turkey, and I made this colorful salsa with fresh mint to accompany it," writes Diane Thompson of Nutrioso, Arizona. "It's always a hit with our guests, even served as an appetizer."
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Minty Mango Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p15