- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended. Divide dough into two portions; flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8- to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. shamrock cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Prick with a fork if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup ice cream over the bottom of six cookies; top with remaining cookies. Wrap individually in plastic wrap; freeze. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMinty Ice Cream Shamrocks
"making me so hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!love,1111x"