- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) mint Andes candies
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with candies.
- Combine the water, coffee granules and remaining brown sugar and cocoa; pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and cherries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMinty Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
"Good but the andes mint was a little overpowering. I've seen almost same recipe using chocolate chips. I will try it and maybe mix the mint & choc chips 1/2 and 1/2. It was good (not good for your waste line) and the icecream is a must."
"I have made this for 3 pot lucks for work and family and everyone wants the recipe! cake was done by three and half hours."
"This was so good! All who tried it at the party, loved the flavor of the sauce. (even someone who does not like mint, thought it was very good.) Recommendation, cook it on low for the first three hours, and then bump it up to high for the next hour."
"It lived up to the description given! The only thing I would change is the amount of mint chips I used. The recipe did not give an amount to use and I think I over-did it! My crockpot was bigger and it did not need as much time but I set it for the time stated. It was done much earlier than 4 1/2 hours and the outside edge was burned."
"This recipe was so simple and it was so much fun to have a hot dessert ready for us in the evening after we finished dinner. It was pretty rich, good intense chocolate flavor with a gooey fudge-y center. We shared it with another mom at our preschool and it became the talk of the classroom -- it was THAT good. Note* My crock pot is bigger than the one recommended -- and also runs hot -- so my cake was done before the 4 hrs were up and a bit charred on the outer edge."