VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 halibut or swordfish steak (1/2 pound and 1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add 3 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine orange peel with remaining oil, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of fish. Grill fish, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cut into 1-in. cubes. Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add swordfish and mint vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Minty Halibut Pasta in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p215