Minty Cucumber Salad
This refreshing sensation of crunchy cucumbers offers a mild hint of orange and mint flavors that are perfect for spring. Katherine Hee of Colchester, Vermont shared it.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Place cucumbers in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil. Add the mint, parsley, sugar and orange zest; pour over cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, stirring several times.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 90 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 27, 2014
This is a very refreshing and tasty way to serve cucumbers! I substituted a combination of orange balsamic (1 Tbl.) and apple cider vinegar (3 Tbl.) for the red wine vinegar. It made the dressing a little dark, but was absolutely delicious!