Minty Cream Cheese Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in extract until smooth. Stir in cookie crumbs and walnuts (mixture will be very moist).
- Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee. Gradually add flour just until combined.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2010
NO, I will never ever make this again. Mine came out looking exactly like the recipe picture. They look delicious but taste horrible. The cream cheese part has absolutely NO flavor, and the walnuts just make the texture unbearable. I know there is usually one bad review in the middle of a lot of good ones, but this was a waste of time and money.
Feb 27, 2009
Absolutely refrigerate it! The cream cheese will spoil.
Dec 20, 2008